Happy New Year to all my loves!! Check out my 2012 year in review and here’s to an even better 2013!! ❤ ❤ 🙂
Here’s an excerpt:
The new Boeing 787 Dreamliner can carry about 250 passengers. This blog was viewed about 1,600 times in 2012. If it were a Dreamliner, it would take about 6 trips to carry that many people.
Click here to see the complete report.
Got unexpectedly hooked on a song this week…I suppose I knew that Toni’s whole family can sing but I didn’t realize how good Tamar was until I heard her on this song! It’s kind of been playing on semi-repeat all week. You would think it’s actually Toni singing at the beginning until Tamar starts showing off her range as she BLOWS on this song – especially killing those octave jumps! Check out Tamar Braxton’s latest single “Love and War” below…
Ok, so I’ve been meaning to write about this guy for months so I know again I’m SUPER late but I just need him to be on my record as well.
To make a long story short, I think his music is BEAUTIFUL. Perfectly quiet, introspective & chill, but brace your heartstrings because this is gonna get pretty emo! Lol but anyway, I am so happy this guy exists to make music for people like me to LOVE & enjoy. I love how you can hear his accent peek through a little bit when he sings :)…This is perfect material to use on one of those teen / young adult drama shows, it would fit in perfectly & I think would make a killing!
Take a listen to his album, +, below if you have Spotify & check out my personal favorites (although I really think the album as a whole is awesome) right beforehand. Hope you enjoy!
- “The A Team” – Deep, deep, deep dark lyrics that kind of catch you by surprise against the song’s melody. And I love how passionate his voice gets when he sings, “She don’t wanna go outside tonight…” Please actually check out the video if you get a chance, I think it’s a really awesome way of addressing such a real & disturbing issue.
- “Drunk” – Going pretty far to the emo side now lol, but I really just like the intro instrumentals for this one (& think the video is kinda hilarious in a pretty sad way…haha)
- “Grade 8” – Nice little upbeat contrast to the rest of the album
- “Small Bump” – Disclaimer: Another really emo one! Haha…but again, talking about some deep / real stuff.
- “Lego House” – This guy has such an interesting & hilarious sense of humor to me…do you recognize the star of the video? LOL
- “You Need Me, I Don’t Need You” – Listen to that beatboxing! Very reminiscent of Jason Mraz to me…
- “Give Me Love” – My absolute, #1 favorite on the entire album, from those beautiful calm strings at the beginning to the passion you can clearly hear gradually building in his voice again. You’ll get a nice hidden track thrown in there too.
Annd…just because I love this song so much…here’s another live version…I love how he starts live looping around 4:05 🙂
Late on this I know, but I just want this guy to be on my record. Actually read a post about him a little while ago but didn’t take the time to listen to him until just recently. So glad I did, & was honestly (pleasantly) surprised by what I heard 🙂 His voice to me is like an awesome mashup of Eric Hutchinson & Marc Broussard with some of Gavin DeGraw’s beautiful musical style…the boy can SANG!
His latest album is below, along with my favorites / recommendations (it’s kind of most of the album but whatever lol):
And a bonus that’s not on the album:
If your musical taste is anything like mine, I think you won’t be disappointed after listening to Mr. Stone – now on to see how I can see him live 🙂
Check this out, I just did my first freelance post! Preview below, and click on the link for the rest!
If you’ve used Pandora anytime in the last couple days, you’ve probably already heard about the Internet Radio Fairness Act that Founder Tim Westergren is encouraging all users to support by contacting their representative. I’ve already heard quite a few personal appeals from Tim Westergren myself that have interrupted my Pandora listening, as well as received a personal email from him about it. But what is the Internet Radio Fairness Act and why is it such a big deal?
Read more here.
Hope you enjoy! 🙂