Happy Halloween everyone!! If you’re on the East Coast and in the path of Frankenstorm Sandy, I hope you’re all safe!! But if you’re stuck inside like most people I know over here, hopefully these videos will help you pass at least some time and bring back some entertaining Halloween memories…
5. Backstreet Boys “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)”
LOL I had to do it!! Hahahaha…don’t tell me y’all didn’t jam to this song back in the day?!
4. Missy Elliott “Get Ur Freak On”
Ummm…this video was pretty weird right?? I was always pretty freaked out when her head snaked off like that lol…
3. Michael Jackson “Ghost”
MJ always had such an interesting affinity to ghosts, monsters, zombies & the like…I love it when that skeleton starts GETTING IT like MJ!! Haha
2. Busta Rhymes “Gimme Some More”
This video always scared me so much!! And it didn’t help that it sampled the theme from Psycho…but I always loved this song 🙂
1. Michael Jackson “Thriller”
Of course no surprise here, one of the most GENIUS & influential videos from the King of Pop himself!
So, what are your other favorite scary / videos songs that I missed??
Hola my peeps,
Here are my favorite songs that I’ve first heard this month (admittedly late on some of them). Full Spotify playlist below & YouTube links for those who don’t have Spotify 🙂
Simply Smooth (R&B)
- “Enough of No Love” – Keyshia Cole & Weezy (this sounds like it belongs back in 2006 – 2007 for some reason…maybe I like it b/c it sounds so familiar to me…)
- “Black Gold” – Esperanza Spalding & Algebra Blessett (great video!)
- “Pantera” – Kartell (probably my favorite on this list because of what happens at 0:30-0:31…keep listening if you don’t catch it 🙂 )
- “In & Out” – Marcus Canty f/Wale (took a while for this one to grow on me but I really like the hook & I love my X Factor favorite!)
- “Storm Warning” – Hunter Hayes (I’m hoping to do a full post on this guy…love his music!)
MJ Bad 25:
Ok, so I thought this deserved a section on it’s own. Epic, Legacy & MJJ Productions re-released Michael Jackson’s “Bad” album this month on its 25th anniversary. It includes remastered versions of his old well-known hits, but also quite a few songs that I had never heard before (which I thiink is saying a lot because I like to think I’m a pretty huge & knowledgeable MJ fan!) Anyway, my favorites from that 25th Anniversary album are below:
- “Price of Fame” (previously unreleased)
- “Streetwalker” (ok, so there’s basically NO excuse for me not to have heard this before. Without a doubt my favorite!! And so good to finally know where the beginning of “The Way You Make Me Feel” live comes from! at least I think so…lol)
- “Fly Away” (also not really sure why I hadn’t heard this before…but really pretty I think!)
- “Bad” – Remix by Afrojack f/Pitbull (surprised I actually like this version but I think I could dance to it in the club!)
Annd lastly as an extra side bonus (completely unrelated to this post) while we’re on the subject of MJ 25th Anniversary albums, this is probably my FAVORITE MJ remix of all time, off his Thriller 25 Album. Enjoy & until next time! 🙂
So I’m feeling kind of conflicted now. I waited with much excitement & expectation for this album to drop today & to proclaim my unabashedly (but really kind of embarrassingly) complete conversion to Bieber fan-dom lol. From the lead single & the other leaked songs that I’ve heard, I thought it was going to be such a great hit that surprised me with his little hints of mature R&B swag. I am sadly a little disappointed 😦
BUT, there are still some songs that I do really enjoy on this album! Favorites = “Catching Feelings,” “Right Here” (this is a GREAT one – featuring Drake! :D), “Die In Your Arms” (really cute song!), & of course the lead single “Boyfriend” (video below, aka NSync’s “Girlfriend” reloaded).
Although not one of my favorites on the album, sounds like Justin is channeling MJ’s “Billie Jean” in lyrical content on “Maria.” Compare for yourself…
Album available below, I guess I just expected more 😦
But he’s still so cute! And I definitely do still love how his voice is maturing 🙂 Looks like this won’t be enough to compel me to see him live, but maybe on the next album!
However, the Biebs still has potential in my book. There are some previous songs of his (“Never Say Never,” “Pray,” “Somebody to Love,” “All I Want For Christmas Is You (SuperFestive!)” w/Mariah, “U Smile” which I think Gavin DeGraw needs to do a cover of + the acoustic version which is great & I appreciate the slightly deeper vocals!!, etc.) that I really like 🙂
In the meantime, I can just continue to enjoy this premiere performance of “Boyfriend” on The Voice which I LOVED…
I really like his voice & the live version of this song. Until next time Biebs!!
Well, I honestly don’t know what to say. I went to see the Michael Jackson Immortal World Tour show by Cirque du Soleil this past Friday. I don’t know what to say. I’m depressed that it’s over. Words can’t describe how AMAZING & FANTASTIC it was. It was such a pleasure to witness such pure talent, from the dancers & gymnasts to the producers who provided the remixed versions of all the King of Pop’s songs. Show highlights for me included an amazing one-legged dancer who did unbelievable tricks on his crutches, a very impressive pole dance routine to “Dangerous,” and a beautiful aerial duet piece set to “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You.”
I honestly don’t want to speak any more about this show, because it’s just going to make me even more sad that I can’t experience it all over again. To give you a glimpse of how wonderful it was, here’s the official preview…
And my other favorite thing about the show was the AMAZING MUSIC. I already love MJ’s stuff, but I think the way they remixed his songs for this show was JUST GENIUS. Enough of my talking, hear it for yourself below & let me know if you agree…