Happy New Year to all my loves!! Check out my 2012 year in review and here’s to an even better 2013!! ❤ ❤ 🙂
Here’s an excerpt:
The new Boeing 787 Dreamliner can carry about 250 passengers. This blog was viewed about 1,600 times in 2012. If it were a Dreamliner, it would take about 6 trips to carry that many people.
Click here to see the complete report.
Here are my favorite songs that I’ve just discovered in October (as usual, I know I’m late on some of them lol). Full Spotify playlist below & YouTube links for those who don’t have Spotify 🙂
- “Let Me Be Him” – Hot Chip
- “Running” – Jessie Ware (kinda reminds me of a cross between Goapele & Kimbra…?)
- “Night Light” – Jessie Ware (love those slightly ominous strings in this song, & such an artistic video! Love the modern / lyrical dancing which I could never master lol)
- “Pink Blue Hotel” – Loopless
- “At The River” – Groove Armada (so late on this one it’s pretty embarrassing)
- “My Friend” – Groove Armada (late on this too, but do you recognize the original basis for the vocals? Here’s a hint…)
- “Fly Me To The Moon” – Groove Armada (I love this slightly soulful instrumental version of the classic made popular by Frank Sinatra :))
- “New Life (Perseus Edit)” – Jeremy Glenn
Simply Smooth (R&B)
- “Where’s The Fun In Forever” – Miguel (do you hear Alicia back there?)
- “The Only One” – Stacy Barthe (ok, so I know I’m SUPER late on her, but I seriously LOVE this woman’s music! I knew she sounded familiar…)
- “Cold Hands Warm Heart” – Rudy Currence (HANDS DOWN my FAVORITE on this list!! I could literally listen to this on repeat…all the time…lol)
- “You Are My World” – R. Kelly (ummm…he is CLEARLY channeling MJ in this song. Those ad-libs at the end are almost IDENTICAL to MJ’s ad-libs in “Remember the Time“…it’s amazing how well R. Kelly is able to imitate him! After further research it actually seems like this was originally recorded as a demo for MJ that he never released…totally makes sense lol)
Rock On Mayne
- “Hold On You” – Ponderosa (pretty late on this too, but really feeling the Southern Rock-Soul in this song)
Let’s Get a Little Classy (Classical)
- “Prelude” – Muse (so taken out of context because Muse is not at all a classical group lol…but I just think this song is so beautiful, like it could be used in a ballet! This could also be totally unoriginal to Muse so if it’s “stolen” from an original classical piece please let me know lol)
Hope you enjoy until next time!
So I just heard this on the radio in the car on the way back home…and literally SCREAMED when it KEPT GOING past approx 2:10. EPIC 😀 Of course as soon as I got home I ran to the computer to find the full extended version & found this wonderfulness…
I will say I was a little tipped off because I noticed something a little different from the original version…the little sound that comes through at around 0:02, 0:05, & so on…it sounds like in almost every group of four bars, it’s coming through on the “3 &” beat of the first bar, the “4 &” beat of the second bar, and the “3 &” beat again on the last bar (hopefully that makes sense to someone!!) Anyway, you will notice that that sound is not present in the original version here…
The reason I picked up on it is because it sounds very similar to what ALWAYS tips me off that “Shake that Monkey” is about to come on (DISCLAIMER: It’s only necessary to listen to about the first 10 seconds…listen any further AT YOUR OWN RISK!!)…a really similar sound occurs twice starting on the “2 &” beat of every bar (hopefully makes sense).
Listening to the part of the song that’s extended, I also feel like it could be a really loose sample of Prince’s “If I Was Your Girlfriend.” The background instrumentals starting at around 2:11 really remind me of that song…take a listen below & maybe you’ll hear what I’m talking about?
Anyway, so happy to FINALLY hear the full version of “Adorn!!” Hope you love it as much as I do 🙂